Our Lady of the Rosary College
Notes on the application for 2017-2018 S1 discretionary places
A. There will be 38 S1 discretionary places in our school. (To be confirmed by EDB)
B. Application Period: 3rd – 18th of January, 2017
Office hours: Monday to Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
C. Application procedures:
1. The application form may be obtained in person from our school or downloaded from our school’s website.
2. Please bind the following documents in order and return them to the general office in person before the
a. the duly completed application form (with photo),
b. the “Application Form for S1 Discretionary Place” distributed by E.D.B.,
c. a photocopy of the H.K.I.D. card,
d. a photocopy of SSPA 2015/2017 Primary 6 Student Record Form,
e. photocopies of academic reports (P.5 to P.6),
f. a photocopy of baptism certificate (for Catholics),
g. photocopies of certificates for awards, extra-curricular activities and services (if applicable),
h. a self-addressed envelope with stamps ($1.7).
(There is no need to provide recommendation letters of the primary schools.)
D. Selection criteria: Weightings
1. Rank order provided by E.D.B. 50%
2. Conduct 10%
3. Awards, Extra-curricular activities and Services 10%
4. Catholics 5%
5. Interview 25%
1. All candidates will be selected for interview.
2. The interviews are scheduled on the 18th or 25th of March, 2017. ( The applicants will be invited by
letter to only one of the interview sessions)
3. The interviews will be conducted in English.
F. Important points:
1. Only girls are admitted.
2. After completing the application procedure, no withdrawal will be accepted.
3. Each student may apply to NOT MORE THAN TWO secondary schools listed in the “Handbook for
Application for Secondary 1 Discretionary Places”, otherwise her chance of acquiring a discretionary place
will be forfeited.
4. Whether the application is successful or not, the application form and all documents submitted will not
The information provided in the application form will be used exclusively for the selection of applicants for
S1 discretionary places.
5. The results of Discretionary Place admission will be released, together with the results of Central Allocation,
on the 11th of July, 2017.
6. A “School Information Day” will be organized on the 3rd of December, 2016. For more information, please
refer to the announcement on the school website.